This looks great 😀
Any animator would agree that the original version of the jungle book has amazing animation and performance from several of the nine of men. It will be really interesting to see how this film will match up to one of my absolute favourite movies, it sure looks awesome!
There is a guy on Youtube that is putting together demoreels of some great masters. Check out his other videos to be even more amazed
On Wednesday I was trying out Steam VR with a friend and trying out different demo’s, one being a 3D drawing application. Today I saw this video
I instantly saw the potential when I tried it. I don’t care about the graphics when playing games, it’s all about the feeling for me. And just by trying out the few demo’s we had I felt that there is no feeling greater than playing something in VR. At least that is what I felt when trying out some very simple demo’s we had.
Being a 3D animator I also imagined how awesome it would be to pose and animate a character in VR, what a feeling seeing the character you are animating in full size and actually having marionette in a 3D world. Or for 3D artists, how about sculpting in VR!!!
This is the future for sure. I can wait for this tech to be implemented more and more in games and also in an artists workflow.
Great video describing the importance of aspect ratios.read more
I found this 10 quotes from Pablo Picasso a while ago and I wrote them down.
They all are really inspiring for me.
1. “All children are artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.”
2. “Art is a lie that makes us realize truth.”
3. “Are we to paint what’s on the face, what’s inside the face, or what’s behind it?”
4. “Every act of creation is first an act of destruction.”
5. “Everything you can imagine is real.”
6. “Good artists copy, great artists steal.”
7. “He can who thinks he can, and he can’t who thinks he can’t. This is an inexorable, indisputable law.”
8. “I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.”
9. “I paint objects as I think them, not as I see them.”
10. “There is no abstract art. You must always start with something. Afterward you can remove all traces of reality.”